Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pictures of the new flat

I am really far behind on blogging and to my few loyal readers I apologize for that. Teaching eliminated any free time I had for two weeks and I need to post the stories from that experience up here soon. The opportunity to move to a new apartment presented itself and I have just moved and so far really enjoy it. The whole apartment swap is a give and take according to my personal tastes for amenities, but I definitely prefer this setup to the one I had. While my old apartment was very nice, it was really far away from everything- this one is in downtown. I gave up a microwave for an oven, and I gave up a private bath for a balcony. It's smaller and older and quite a bit dingier, but I like a cozy place with some character and I can always clean it up myself! I also live across the hall from a few women who work for the university who are really nice and I'm looking forward to increasing my number of international friends and co-workers

Here are some pictures from my private balcony,
down the street here is the central taxi station to go to the rest of Palestine and to Israel, a two minute walk!

the opposite direction leads to the central roundabout, less than five minutes away

While the view is not as scenic, its still so nice to hear the city and the people. I'll post more pictures soon as well as updating the blog with more stories from the past few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment